9.30.2010

Oriental Venice







Wu Zhen is a small town 2 hours away from Shanghai. It’s really something else. The canals, the narrow alleys, the stone paved streets, the traditional houses – viewed under the late afternoon light - made it seem so quaint and rustic.

At first I was wary the place is just a pseudo old town filled with souvenir shops when I saw the number of parked tourist buses. (I myself came out of a tourist bus, I know). Happy to say it still retained its old China feel plus its a living village to boot.

Sadly due to time constraints we only had 30 minutes there. A real shame. We could have easily spent a whole day exploring and taking pictures. That half hour is probably my favorite part of the week long trip. And we had 3 days at the Expo. Toink.

top & skirt – Zara ; belt – F21 ; bag – Jellybean

No comments:

Post a Comment