9.16.2010

Make it work



Ever since my sister introduced me to Project Runway eons ago, I've been such a fan. A few weeks earlier, I was inspired when Team Luxe put together its menswear collection. Although the collection sadly didn't fulfill their vision, I could see hints of it. I think it would have shone if they chose a different type of fabric...something with more texture.


But then again, look who's talking...haha! Here I am putting together a hodge-podge menswear look, based on what I could scour from the depths of the Project Jill workroom...a.k.a. my closet. Cardigan from Zara, vest and trousers from Promod, shirt from H&M. And from the Piper-Jill-lime Accessory Wall, we have a scarf from Espirit (a farewell gift from a friend) and a pair of brown boots from a German shoe store.

And do you see the wrinkles? It's probably what adorable Tim Gunn would call "alarming". Well, the pants are made out of linen. And iron and press and steam as I may, it still wrinkles after 15 seconds of wearing it. How the heck do you wear linen anyway?


Tomorrow I am off to an internship interview in another city far, far away. It would entail a 5.5 hour train ride, which chugs off at 4:58am. Which means I would need to wake up at 3:30am to put together a look, fix my hair, put on make-up and grab a cab to the train station. Gak, what a "make it work" moment. I just hope that the McDonald's at the Leipzig Hauptbahnhof is already serving McMuffins. I think I would wake up at 3:30am for a McMuffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment