9.18.2010

Say it isn't so

I've imposed a "minimal shopping to absolutely no shopping" shopping ban on myself recently. It's almost homestretch for my MBA degree, and I want to be smarter with my savings, especially when there's the low pay 3-6 month internship to consider.

The "shopping ban" dictate can be a good challenge. It'll be fun to reinvent the stuff I've got so far in my closet, but it's going to be hard not to wipe the drool off my face when I pass by window displays.

In fact, I hardly had the time to grab a bunch of tissues when I saw Christian Siriano's Spring 2011 shoe collection at Tom and Lorenzo's blog. I started loving shoes when they became more sculptural, and Christian Siriano's collection just hit it straight to my crazily fluttering heart. Would you look at the heels! And would you look at the shapes encasing the feet! It's beautiful art.

Same thing happened when I clicked to see the Carolina Herrera Spring 2011 Collection. I love the Asian inspiration, the delicate floral painting and the drapes, shapes and volume.

Anyhoo. One day! Some day!

For now, here's my little humble outfit for school :)


And somehow, we need to do something about the quality of our photos. I love photography and I believe I do a decent job photographing things, sceneries and other human beings. But when it comes to self-portraits, I'm a bit perplexed about the whole thing, especially when the only place I can prop my camera is on a bookshelf, pointing to a long hallway with dim, yellow light. Oh, and did I mention that I prop up the camera lens with a matchbox :)


blouse - Bayo; skirt - Zara;
necklace - Promod; flats - Zara

No comments:

Post a Comment