11.06.2010

Channeling Tom, Gail, and Padme



It’s my secret wish to be a judge in a Top Chef episode. Ok, perhaps it’s not so secret. But since that fantasy is too far-fetched, the next best thing is to attend a food tasting event. Yesterday night I went to OAP's Ultimate Taste Test. There were 40 food suppliers and we get to sample everything for an entrance fee of Php 385. Not bad right?

I was full after 30 minutes though. I don’t know how the Top Chef judges do it. They could eat course after course and show no sign of waning enthusiasm. Respect, man.

The only food stall I kept going back to is the tea stall. Under normal circumstances, I’d fawn over the apple pie or get another serving of dulce leche bread pudding or savor that pulled beef sandwich, but due to food overload, my favourite became the cleansing peppermint tea. I rated the tea higher than anything else.

All in all, it was a fun event. Moderation and pacing is key. I wouldn’t mind being a food critic again. Thanks OAP, when’s the next one?

As for the outfit, I got the knit top at Tango. The store carries a lot of stylish clothes that could pass for Zara. And at a fraction of Zara’s price too. Hence my impromptu purchase. But after that buy I think I have to impose a shopping ban. My thinning wallet sure needs it.


knit top - Tango ; white tank - Rockwell bazaar ; 
jeans - Terranova ; wedges - Parisian ; necklace - Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment