3.21.2011

To the Cinema


Watched The King's Speech with a couple of friends a few nights ago at Duesseldorf's Cinestar. Tried to keep it--ahem--regal with breton stripes and a flower corsage, finishing up with black tights and black kitten heels. I could not stop giving the royal screwing-in-the-lightbulb wave to all the common folks in the streets.

The skirt originally belongs to a suit ensemble (the top of which I worn here), but I find that I like them much better as separates. Not as matchy-matchy. The unfortunate consequence of having my shirt tucked out like that was the whole lot of sucking in I had to do. Any other way would have not been regal. Bless the King that it's dark inside the cinema and that the bucket of popcorn was big enough to cover what darkness can't :)


Now on to a more tasteful topic...

The King's Speech totally blew me away. The story itself was inspiring, but each film element contributed to make the end result more than the sum of its parts. The acting was superb, the screenplay was witty, the cinematography was set up to feel like pictures and paintings, and the music was employed superbly. Certainly a must-see. Or must-sees...because I watched it again with the hubby last night at Berlin's Sony Center :) As the hubby reviewed afterwards, "This is how all movies should be."


top - H&M; skirt - Promod; shoes - Charles & Keith;
tights - H&M; belt - from other outfit bought in PH

No comments:

Post a Comment