3.22.2011

Caught the Zeitgeist & Glamour photography exhibition two weekends ago with the hubby at the NRW Forum in Duesseldorf. Moments of the 60's and 70's, wherein celebrities, socialites, fashion designers, models, artists, pop culture icons and royalty are frozen in time, in black, white and sepias.


Twiggy, Andy Warhol, The Beatles, Clint Eastwood, Karl Lagerfeld, Brigitte Bardot were only a few of the familiar names. I got to know a bit more about the German glitterati while perusing paparazzi photos of playboy Gunther Sachs and gorgeous models Uschi Obermeier and Veruschka. An engaging exhibit and comes as recommended on my list.




I think my outfit may belong to its ranks, if only because of the smokes and mirrors it provides. i.e. Holy smokes, have you seen a mirror lately?! Because I realized that weekend that this thick woolly pullover is tricky to wear, given certain angles. Can you say, chubby chubby cheesecake?





shirtdress, sweater & pants - H&M; boots - Goertz 17; earrings - self-made with materials from Idee
bag - Friztie aus Preussen (my usual bag from the tiangge had sadly buckled from the weight)

No comments:

Post a Comment