10.25.2010

30-20-10!


That was my countdown for turning 30 on the 20th of the 10th month of the year. It would had been the only time I could have used it*, and it was nice when it came to me while I was writing an email invitation to friends. Must have been from watching all those Mad Men episodes :)

I celebrated with 30 friends in a tiny maroon-lit restaurant-bar-lounge in our area called Die Kleine Trauemerei (The Little Dreamerie...how adorable is that!). It was a sweet evening--different circles of friends mixing together and talking and generally having a good time. It was cozy, toned down, comfortable--I think the wildest thing in the party was the wild turnip they served as part of the finger food buffet.

And to cap off the evening? Receiving these beautiful, happy flowers from my parents and sisters from the Philippines! Thank you, guys! I love it :) What a surprise!




*I guess I could still use 30-20-10 when, in the future, I...swat 30 mosquitos in 20C weather in an apartment on 10th street. Or...when I pick 30 tomatoes on the 20 branches of my 10 tomato plants. Or...if I win 30 million on my 20th try on a 10-number lotto game! Hahaha!


tunic - Meg; black turtleneck - Promod
black skinnies - Zara; boots - German shoe stoAlign Centerre
necklace - gift from Mom, it represents the "Water Cube" at the Beijing Olympics!

No comments:

Post a Comment