8.09.2010

Muy bien

Hola, chico y chica! I'm back from Barcelona!

Where do I start? The fantastic tapas, the friendly locals, the perfect weather (we even had one perfect thunderstorm, according to D), the incessant energy of the city, the inspiring Gaudi architecture, the picturesque blue waters and cliff landscape of the Costa Brava? Barcelona and the Spanish coast are truly inspiring and beautiful areas.

I came back to Leipzig buzzing with ideas, including the crazy notion of wanting to learn Spanish, as I come to realize more and more that Filipino and Spanish share plenty a common words.

Vacation is "bakasyon" is "vacaciones". Closed is "sarado" is "cerrado". Horse is "kabayo" is "caballo" (Double L is sometimes pronounced as "y"). Screw is "turnilyo" is "turnillo". Isn't that amazing? I had no idea that Filipino is that much randomly peppered with leftover Spanish words from the olden days of colonization.

(One funny word that has been "corrupted"--kubeta. In Filipino, it means "toilet", but in Spanish, it means "bucket"! :))

The hubby quickly dashed my crazy notion though, saying that I should master German first. Boo. Hehe, but anyway, off to the outfits!

Packing for this trip was a slight challenge, as D and I were sharing only one luggage. So I tried to pack stuff which I thought would be versatile. A super mini compressed "30 for 30" if you'd like. And it's tough! Some pieces transitioned well through several outfits, while some were only worn once. I was thinking of joining the fall edition of "30 for 30"--and if I do, now I know that I have to choose my pieces very carefully and that I need more training!

Here's a first sneak peek of my outfits in Barcelona. Some were taken with the iPhone, some with a point and shoot, and some with an SLR. Some shots were taken repeatedly, some were a one-off thing. One was taken with freshly-showered hair, one with dry after-beach hair and almost all shots had no make-up. As you can see, D and I were not disciplined in anyway. Haha!

More to come!


Striped dress - H&M; Skirt, floral tank top, blue button-down, black pants - Zara;
Flipflops - Havaianas; Sandals - Landmark

No comments:

Post a Comment