7.24.2010

Military florals



We celebrated my aunt and uncle's 40th wedding anniversary yesterday night. It was a surprise party planned by their daughters. Really sweet. We were requested to wear their favorite color green so I chose this army green pants. I paired it with a sheer floral shirt I made a month ago. It's fairly easy to make since it's a loose top so there's no worries on the fit. I just used an exisiting loose shirt I own. Trace its outline over 2 pieces of cloth (plus 1 inch for seam allowance). Adjust the neckline and the armholes to be as deep as I liked. Cut the cloth. Stitch them together. Use bias binding for the neckline and armholes. Hem the shirt edge and ta-da, instant shirt. Although bias binding can be wee bit tricky. But still the whole thing is pretty straight forward. I want to make more!

And I just want to say: Happy Graduation Ach! Wish we were there celebrating with you!!


pants and belt- Zara; top - DIY; inner tank top - Supre; bag - Iora;
shoes - Charles and Keith (gifted by Achi :) ); jewelry - borrowed from ma

No comments:

Post a Comment