1.17.2011

J in the jungle


That's me in my new city--Duesseldorf. I haven't discovered it much yet, but from the initial get-go, it seems really nice, cosmopolitan, yet with little pockets of coziness at the same time.

Here I am posing at a small park opposite the end of my block. Further down the street is the community pool, and slightly further is a gym and mini shopping arcade. Three blocks west is a nook of 5-6 cafes and little boutiques. Some blocks east are a couple of tiny Japanese restaurants and a smattering of late-night kiosks.

Here I am wearing a super fab cape that Haze got me during her trip to the US. (Thanks, Haze!) I was really excited to wear it, and couldn't wait for warmer weather, so I just threw it on extra over my winter coat :) Hehehe. (Sudden flashback of youngest sis exclaiming: "Remember not to wear that cape in the forest!")

So, for all intent and purpose, I should be smiling in the photo, right? Nope, because that's my oh-no-thesis-deadline-is-looming-and-i'm-screwed face. Ahhhhhh!!! More in a few days. Beso and buh-byeee!


cape - gift from sis; pants - Zara; boots - Gortz
black coat (not seen here) - H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment