2.12.2011


This is me looking drained after a day at work...and after 2 days of unwashed hair. (Sorry, TMI!) But I couldn't just change out of my dress without taking a couple of photos! My mom and sisters picked this out for me as my birthday present for last year--and I simply love it! It's a simple sheath dress with a neckline detail, but the baggy shape, the slight flare at the hips and the pockets transforms it from simple sheath to simply chic.

I thought I'd "winter-ize" the dress by wear a black short-sleeved turtleneck under it, but based on the funny looks I got from the office today, I guess it still looks too cold for winter. What can I say but that patience has never been one of my virtues. Remixing my wardrobe, on the other hand, is a possible virtue :)


Also part of the birthday booty is a black collared top with cut-out shoulders, specially hand-picked by H. I am already eagerly awaiting summer to wear that...outside of work, of course. I don't think the corporate world is ready for the sight of my bare shoulders.

On the photo-tech-geek side...I wish I can find a better spot to take my photos (than under my yellow lightbulb). Or a better technique than propping the camera on a bookshelf, beside Mr. Rhino, my stuffed toy :) These photos really do not give this dress justice! I guess self-portraiture is an altogether new branch of photography that I need to learn!


dress - Daley, Rockwell; black turtleneck - Forever 18 (Sadly not F21! Forever 18 is a German chain, and not as nice as F21!); tights - H&M, booties - Zara

No comments:

Post a Comment