2.15.2011

DIY Delight


Why the sheepish look?

Because it took me 4-eh-vahhh to finish the skirt, which is supposedly the World's Easiest Skirt.

And because I hadn't known any better, I unwittingly made it a little harder for myself by having the elastic outside, based on this tutorial.

And, apparently, because the challenge wasn't enough for a first-time sewer, I stitched it by hand. (Because I don't know how to use a sewing machine, nor do I own one. Although I would love to learn how to use a sewing machine in order to make more pretty skirts...and beyond!)

Oh, and did I ever mention to you that I'm clumsy?


The result? Pricked fingers and unsecure stitches that is sure to unravel in the washing machine...and an elastic band that is too large (thus the belt). I don't see myself undoing the stitches and re-measuring the elastic band soon...although I do like the skirt and it is a labor of love (and sweat and a bit of blood)...so I must somehow will myself to redo it!!

(Sidenote: This was my Friday look at the office. Notice the stripes from the blouse and the florals and polka dots from the skirt--3 prints at the same time! Happy :))

My sis H was the one who pointed me to the tutorial. I think she finished her skirt in record time, too. Can't wait to see if it survived the first wash, and what she's going to pair it with next :)


skirt - DIY; blouse - Zara; cardigan - Mango; tights - H&M; boots - German shoe store

No comments:

Post a Comment