5.30.2011

Putting on a Different Hat

Spent a full weekend meeting up with old friends, watching a movie, having brunch, photoshooting at an abandoned warehouse with my old boss, and trying out a hat.

(The hat I got back in February, as part of my Carnival "cowgirl" costume. It wasn't really a costume-costume. For Carnival, it's my principle not to shell out for a run-of-the-mill costume. I simply tend to combine all the "extremes" in my existing wardrobe. So for this Carnival, I pulled out my plaid shirt, thick studded belt, wrapped a bandanna around my neck and wore camel boots. I allowed myself to purchase a hat. Unfortunately, purchasing a pony was out of the question.)


Tonight as I post this, I am trying out different combinations in Photoshop, but I still can't get the secret to crisp yet dreamy, correctly-exposed vintage images. Gaahhh...


One combo I managed to figure out though is my outfit :) I love how the black knit kimono overcoat worked well with the carrot pants. An old friend whom I met up this weekend commented how I have already adapted to "Duesseldorf fashion", but I rather think it's part-Manila, part-Berlin, part-sis and part-blog influenced. How's that for a combo :)



top - Mango; carrot pants - Zara; kimono knit - H&M;
hat - H&M; sandals - Zara; camera necklace - F21

No comments:

Post a Comment