5.18.2011

merhaba!*


Sis H is right...my internship has been super hectic, I was away for a week in Istanbul, I am behind with my photo-editing of a portrait shoot, and I am starting to look for permanent jobs...

...but I'm baaack. At least, long enough to post an outfit :)

I now tend to see my days as tiny manageable task-oriented time blocks these days. Otherwise, I get so overwhelmed!

Sooo different from our Istanbul trip, where time was divided into big chunky spectrums of daylight and night, without care of definite hours :) Istanbul was a fun, awe-inspiring and glutinous experience!

Glutinous because of all those baklava and Turkish delights called lokum. Not to mention my new favorite desset... tavuk gogsu, a sticky milky pudding made out of chicken breast! Chicken breast, can you imagine?! Also, I gained 1 kg from that week alone...can you imagine?! Thus the over-enthusiastic twirl of the babydoll top. My belly's twirling by so fast, I'm hoping you don't even see it :)


But most importantly, Istanbul was amazing because of its history and people. It is the land of the Ottomans, the Byzantines, of Constantinople. They're things I had only previously read in history books. I cannot believe that I was standing in landmarks that represented the center of culture and / or religion thousands of years ago! The Aya Sophia, the Blue Mosque, the Catholic Church of Chora...they simply blew me away.


During our trip, Istanbul was a tad bit cold though, thus the layers you see in my photo. I never thought to layer a strapless babydoll top with a long cardigan with a grandpa cardigan, but there you go...necessity (to escape the cold) is the mother of all inventions :)

* "hello" in Turkish


babydoll top and grandpa cardigan - Zara; dark blue cardigan and black jeans - H&M
owl necklace - Pimkie; sunnies - MNG

No comments:

Post a Comment