12.11.2010

Pecans roasting over an open fire


Wore this for the rehearsal dinner of my cousin. For the last 2 days, my mom, aunt, my SF cousin, and I have actually been baking nonstop for the wedding. We roasted pecans and filled 168 bottles for souvenirs, then baked 7 different kinds of cookies and bars for the groom's table (apparently there's such a thing as a groom's table). Even though it was technically a "chore", it was my dream come true. Baker's heaven. We were doing recipe after recipe in a beautiful, spacious, well-equiped kitchen. I kept on eating raw batter though and then eating the "damaged" pieces. I think I had my share of sweets for December.

And on a sidenote, my SF cousin is hilarious. She has a dry sarcastic humor that I wish I have. Case in point, she named her pet fish Sashimi. heh.


white dress - Chocolate ; black knit cover up - gifted by sister ; black wedges - Parisian

2 comments:

  1. For the record, can I just say I love reading your outfit posts? :D That goes to both sisters. Hopefully the youngest would join the bandwagon soon! That would definitely be something to look forward too! :)

    A little sad that H closed out her blog, but at least I can get some updates here! I didn't know you went to NY! Whoaaa! Updates the next time we meet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Touched naman ako haha. We actually took a group photo yesterday so will put that in :) And yes, catch up soon! Perhaps on the late christmas party on jan? :)

    ReplyDelete